What technological transformations are going to bring about the biggest opportunities in the technology sector in the next few years. I took a few minutes to outline a few of the obvious opportunities that have just started down this path and are going to pick up momentum in the next 2-5 years. These industries will change the way we live, work, entertain, travel, consume and engage.
- Internet-enabled home automation (mobile controlled locks, lighting, appliances, etc.)
- Virtual reality headsets (Oculus Rift, Microsoft Hololens, etc.)
- Smart cars & self-driving vehicles
- Internet-enabled television & pay-per-channel/show
- Wearable technology (glasses, watches, etc.)
- Voice communication superseding texting once again
- Mobile-enabled transactions (store purchases, plane tickets, coupon/rewards redemption, home & auto security, etc.)
Do you embrace change or do you fear it? What are the biggest changes you are looking forward to? What are the ones that make you nervous?